Avenida da Liberdade is cosmopolitan and fashionable. Besides, it has a concentration of international luxury stores in the Portuguese capital. The high-end brands that chose this address in Lisbon include Louis Vuitton, Prada, Armani, and Burberry. Also, other equally luxurious stores offer the best brands in one space. And they can be exclusively reserved for special customers.
For those, like Cristiano Ronaldo, who know how to recognize the value of a brand and a luxury service, Avenida is the ideal shopping spot.
Using the Champs-Élysées in Paris as a model, the Avenida da Liberdade was built in the nineteenth century. Back then it was known as Passeio Público (public walkway). Nowadays, it is the most expensive street per square foot in Lisbon. Furthermore, the black and white stones of the traditional Portuguese pavement make every step even more charming.
Even if you don’t buy anything, it is a lovely place for an afternoon stroll. Start walking from the Pestana CR7 Lisboa to the Praça dos Restauradores, where the avenue begins. Meanwhile, you can cut across the Baixa Pombalina and the ever-lively Praça do Rossio. After, just head up to the Marquês de Pombal and admire the views. Along the avenue, you’ll find gardens, esplanades, statues and luxury storefronts. It seems like almost every internationally renowned Italian and French brand are common sights. But you’ll also see Portuguese brands that stand out for their elegance.
So. These are some of the stores that deserve a stop at Avenida da Liberdade:
- Door 38 B: Stivali. It incorporates other brands such as Chanel, Valentino and Saint Laurent.
- Door 110 A: Boggi Milano. Exclusively sells the Formal and Easy Formal lines, and also accessories and men’s clothing.
- Door 177: Ermenegildo Zegna. Formal suits and traditional fabrics.
- Door 196 E: Burberry. Coats, raincoats, shirts, trousers, skirts, dresses, jumpers, accessories, and shoes.
- Door 190: Louis Vuitton. It has perfume refills, monograms, and free Wi-Fi.
- Door 206: Prada. Sophisticated clothes, bags, and fragrances.
- Door 220 A: Armani. Sophisticated clothes and accessories for younger people.